Monday, June 6, 2011

The Post I Started Writing a Month Ago, and Never Finished

Hi!
Long time no write.  Things have been rather crazy around here - when was the last time I posted here?
If I remember correctly, I promised to tell you about the International School's trip to the north and about Yom Ha'atzmaut in Haifa.  Since they were so long ago, I'll do it quickly:
TRIP TO THE NORTH! - If you were ever curious as to whether it would be fun to sleep outside when it's raining, I can quench your thirst for knowledge here and now: It's not.  Granted, it makes for good stories later.  Waking up at one o'clock in the morning, feeling rather confused as to what those wet drops are that are falling on your face, looking up and having the misfortune of having another one of said drops fall straight into your eye, realizing through the foggy thought process that is the grogginess of interrupted sleep that, wow, it is raining.  You have no possibilities for shelter other than your sleeping bag (holding up surprisingly well, I might add - you are definitely more fortunate than other people in the group in that regard at least), and you conclude that you'd do best to try and go back to sleep if you don't want tomorrow's hike to be a living hell.  You'd cry, if you weren't sure it would turn out to be rather funny tomorrow (you have a knack for recognizing future "Remember when THAT happened?" moments - didn't you know?).  Plus, you're one of the lucky ones: your EMS mummybag seems miraculously able to keep out the water.  The International-School issued sleeping bags are not so kind to their now conscious inhabitants.  With that smug thought, you embrace the raindrops and fall back to sleep.
(Yes, I am fully aware that I started that paragraph saying that it sucks to sleep outside when it's raining, and ended it with a hint of positivity - contradiction, you may claim?  Stream of consciousness, I declare.)
YOM HA'ATZMAUT IN HAIFA! - To describe this experience, I will say two words: Shiri Maimon.  If that means nothing to you, watch and learn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUFO8KjOrBU&feature=BFa&list=AVGxdCwVVULXcAkPdClPu4htwrEmvrHcxw&index=4 .
(In case that was a little too obscure, I'll say a little more:


About 1 month later:
I was going to say a little more, but never got around to it.  Now going back to it just seems a little anticlimactic...living in the past, you know?  Best to live in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment